From:
John King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 1995 23:34:00 -0600
Since Tasha is our first ferret, we our unsure what normal behavior is.
We our definitely the typical over protective and worrying parents.  Well
Tasha has developed an obsession with licking over the past 3-4 days.
She wants to lick our hands and face until we finally take them away.
She always would lick a little and then go off to something else, but now
she doesn't stop and will also try to chew on our hands after she has
been licking for awhile.  The only thing we have thought of is the salt,
but I don't know if that explains it.  Our ferrets normally like this?

She also has been a little less active and sticking closer to us when we
are home.  I don't know if this is also just a developmental change or
something to be concerned about.  She is 4 months old and is also deaf.

If anyone has any thoughts I would love to hear them.

Michelle, John, and Tasha with the tireless licking