From:
Pauline Peach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 05:13:44 -0400
When I rented the appartment that I now live in, I went through it room by
room to ferret proof it.  I found only 2 places of concern, 1 was in tbe
bathroom, so I just don't allow the ferrets in there.  The other was in the
kitchen, it was a hole in the wall.  I covered the hole and did a very good
job.  ( Or so I thought. )  As none of my little buddies ever got into it.
That is, none of my buddies at the time.  Then came Squirt.  She not oly
found the hole, but opened it and went in.  Now you have t understand that
my apartment building is very old and has 6 apartments in it.  I was scared
to death that Squirt was going to come out in one of the other apartments
and some one was going to think that she was a rodent and squash her!
Thankfully after much calling and pacing, she came back, and she has been
confined to the bedroom ever since.  After all of that my point is.......
When letting your ferrets free roam, and new one comes into the house, that
places that you thought were safe may not be.  I check on the ferets evert
10 to 15 minutes when they are out of their cages.  When I'm not at home or
sleeping the ferrets are in their cages because if there was ever an
emergency ( fire ) and I had to evacuate the house I want them easily
excessable to take with me.

The Peach, Squirt and, and Splash