Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2008 21:00:58 EDT
Kudos to Agnesa' response to Cody. She wrote a very intelligent and
articulate response, no wonder she is in honors classes. We have a
bright and upcoming ferret friend here. She may be a very important
member of the ferret community in a few years. I couldn't have said it
better.

Cody. it is wonderful you want a ferret, but please do some deep
thinking and seriously consider what Agnesa is saying. I think its a
wonderful idea you help at shelters they need so much help and would
welcome you with open arms. My son got our first ferret when he was 11
yrs old, he is now 19. He worked so hard all summer with his dad doing
siding and roofing. he was a good little worker. he saved every penney
and bought our Nibbles. Beleive it or not, I considered Nibbles to be a
rat and wouldn't go near him. Luckily I saw how wonderful these little
creatures are and fell in love with them. My son is now 19 and has tons
of friends and is going to college. He also works as he is needed doing
roofing. Problem is he loves his ferrets to death, but as a typical
teenager/young man he doesnt spend a whole lot of time with them. I
love them to pieces so I take care of them now. Your mom isn't
interested or does not have the time for ferrets and its not fair for
you to get one then have to get rid of him in 2 or 3 years. Not only
is it unfair to the ferret, but also it is unfair to our already
overloaded shelters. also, please keep coming back here and putting
your input. you will learn a lot and it is so refreshing to have young
minds on here too!!

Just a quick thank-you To Friends of Ferrets. I had won the Valentine
basket and never gave the proper thank-yous. I had been very sick for a
few weeks and wasn't up to writing. Gracie me and Bella, her pet Chi,
opened the basket together and we all loved it!!!! You guys do a great
job!!!!