From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 17:25:21 -0700
Well, I'm sitting at my computer upset as all get-out.  My old man Slinky,
our first baby, is in the hospital tonight.  He's been having diarrhea,
won't eat, won't drink, has lost over 600 grams in a month.  We had him on
chloramphenicol for 8 days, to no effect.  He won't eat hard food anymore
at all.  I have to force Nutri-cal and FerretVite.  He will eat
FerretBites, but only a couple at a time.

We've left him at the vet's overnight for IV fluids and tube feeding as
well as blood work.  We're hoping it's something "simple" and treatable,
like ulcers.  But there's always the possibility of kidney disease (which,
oddly, both my dog and my cat died from).

So I've asked Gizmo and Sandy, my fur-angels waiting at the Bridge, to
watch over him tonight.  Giz and Slink were bestest friends, so I know
Giz will protect Slink to the utmost.

Please keep Slinky in your prayers and/or thoughts tonight.  I'm not ready
to lose another one so soon.

=====
Aileen & the Herd
The Ferrets: Slinky, Kyle, Noel, & Toby
The Dogs: Rootie the beagle & Tank the GSD/basset
Still missing Sandy & Gizmo. We love you.

Check out the Herd's website at: http://www.geocities.com/anippy