Date:
Sat, 10 May 1997 09:06:18 PDT
Ferret Greetings,

I forgot one thing in my last post.  A few people have mentioned using the
media -- TV coverage.  Well, this is a good idea but unfortunately despite
its wide audienceTV news cannot cover the whole story in depth.  I am a
freelance writer so I naturally thought about the written word.  Has anyone
contacted the local papers?  I am sure that with the recent develpments they
would be able to get a good piece out in Monday's paper.  Because Kodo Bob
has a lot of info at his disposal and is a member of GLFA there are plenty
of resources.  Not much research would be necessary on the reporter's part
because I am sure all those involved have already done the legwork in
preparation for Kodo's defense.  Also, try contacting a large paper ... say,
in the capital ... which would help put some attention on the governor et
al.  I would gladly donate my skills and write the article, but I live in
central Illinois and it may be easier to get the local reporters.  However,
I would gladly write an article about Kodo, the Michigan ferrets that have
needlessly died in the name of "protecting the public" and the efforts to do
something about the law and classifications to protect future fuzzy's and
ferret parents from this torment for the Reader's Digest (if they are
interested in it).

Just an idea from a journalist who happens to treasure and love ferrets.
May Kodo be home soon.

Ferret hugs,
Donelle
Sebastian <Why would someone want to hurt a fuzzy?>
Kalie <Mommy, you could write a story about Kodo.>