From:
"Marin A. Cordero" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:49:09 -0400
Jerri and all,

I've had absolutely amazing results with cinnamon essential oil applied
with a Q-tip in the cracks of my window frames and anywhere else ants are
entering .  The ferrets can't get at it (nor do they seem to want to) and
the ants steer clear.  One application seems to last about two weeks before
the more adventurous ants start thinking about blazing a new trail across
the line.  You might want to make sure your ferrets aren't cinnamon fans
before trying it.  I've geard garlic and cumin powder work well too.  I
like the cinnamon best - makes the room smell nice, always a plus! :-)

Good luck,
Marin