Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1993 21:42:00 -0400
Okay, this is my first time sending anything to the FML, so please
bear with me!

[You're doing fine so far :-)]

 For those who are interested in ferret legal issues, I am pleased
to announce the recent organization of the Utah Ferret Association!
(Utah is a "ferret-Free zone...)
Our first order of business - MAKE FERRETS LEGAL IN UTAH!
 We spoke with the Dept. of Wildlife in Utah, asking them to re-classify
ferrets as "domestic" animals, and after we presented them with some of
our evidence, they _appear_ to be perfectly willing to change the ruling!
(Their major sticking point before was the lack of an "approved" rabies
vaccine - We showed them that one HAD been approved..)
 We expect the ruling to be changed by June (unless _something_
unexpected happens.)
  Keep your fingers crossed!

BTW - Utah Ferret Association
      p.o. box 0232