From:
Linda Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:23:32 -0500
Dooks.  Here I am posting again but I am very concerned and confused
about the blood glucose results my male ferret just had yesterday.  I
took Kodo to the vet yesterday to have the Tennessee Panel done and I
also asked my vet to check his Blood Glucose as well.  We are checking
things to determine some of the behaviors/symptoms being displayed.
I posted last week about possible adrenal again only a month and half
after having his right adrenal gland removed.  He has lost a considerable
amount of weight; approxiamtely1 pound(before any deviation from scale is
taken into consideration) in 2 weeks, so it could actually be less weight
loss, but not much.

To make a long story short, my Kodo had a blood glucose reading of 69
after a 6 hour fasting.  My vet says this is normal.  But after reading
information at Miami Ferret on blood glucose ranges, insulinoma, and
reading some of the symptoms and seeing what all the vets had to say
about normal levels of BG, I am truly concerned that my vet could be
wrong about 69 being a normal range of blood glucose.  Could some one
please tell me what I can do and should I be alarmed with these results?

As it stands right now, my vet is thinking that Kodo is again adrenal
positive based on his weight loss, itchiness, aggressive behavior, some
hind end wobbliness, and his very laid back demeanor(lack of energy).  We
are feeding him Bob's Chicken Gravy along with his regular kibble to help
with the weight loss, but after a week of feeding him this and his
regular kibble, he still has not gained any weight but also has not lost
any more.  Please tell me what to do.  Thanks so much for your help.

Dooks--Linda, owned by Kodo & Tacoma

With love from me (Pinky)
And the ferret duo Tacoma & Kodo
(Ferrets leave tiny little paw prints on our hearts)
Visit my daughter & her fiance's ferret web site at
http://www.hideyhole.org