From:
Holly Park Library <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1993 16:08:15 -0500
Hi all, how are your weasels' winter coats this year?
  The Em has a glorious, magnificent, fluffy coat--and his head
is turning silver! (Usually he has a dark head--but just recently
it started turning; last to change was a triangular splotch in the
middle)
  Is there any connection between the length of a ferret's winter
coat and the severity of the upcoming winter? do ferrets in cold
climates grow longer coats than ferrets in warm areas?
  Shasta changed from having white "clown eyebrows' in summer to
having a full mask with stripe. Emmett always has a full mask with
stripe, but the white increases in winter. I think Shas was a
sable-sable, but I know Em's half sable and half silvermitt--would
that account for him getting so much white?
  Kate Pappas & Emmett K. Pt-3 "Snow-on-the-Roof"