From:
Dave Sweet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 21:10:29 -0400
>From:    katharine long <[log in to unmask]>
>My vet has recommended Frontline if I have a flea problem with my four
>babies.  He found one or two on Champ yesterday.  I will try to take care of
>it with flea shampoo (Mycodex).  In any event, he said I could get enough
>Frontline for a lifetime practically for about $10.  Is Frontline the one
>that you all have been recommending?

Hi Katherine
I have read that Advantage is the one for ferrets, not Frontline..as that
aids in killing ticks as well.  I work in a small animal hospital and read
that it was safe {Advantage} and told the vets who work there..as they
wondered..and had questions about this.

But then Frontline is only Advantage but with a little stronger poison.
Advantage is used with just one or two drops..depending on the size of the
ferret...Also, Mycodex is good but could be drying to their skin...whereas
Ecto-Soothe is an Emollient flea killing shampoo and non drying

Also Frontline is a bit more expensive than Advantage..and like all other
products it may not be suitable for use after it has been opened for a
while..where as Advantage comes in very small tubes..and the tubes for
Frontline are alot larger.  Hope this helps

Melanie and sniffer
 For The finest In Electronic Music, Check Out

                  ELECTRONIC MUSIC
            RESEARCH LABORATORIES
 At:   <http://www.servtech.com/public/emrl>
             Music For The 21st Century...