From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 12:26:34 -0600
All right, so just now i discover a candy bar that *had* been in my coat
pocket on the floor with a hole torn out of the wrapper.  About an inch of
the chocolate coating had been nibbled off, and two very enthusiastic and
naughty ferrets were trying to get at the rest of it.  I got it away from
them, but as I said some had already been eaten.  I know chocolate is bad
for just about every animal besides humans, can anyone tell me how bad it
is for ferrets??  Or what to do about it?  I don't know how it was divided
up between the two of them (though Illura does have a bigger sweet tooth
than Lola), so I don't know exactly how much either ate.  I also don't know
how long ago they got at it , though it can't be that long.  Does this
warrant a trip to the vet?  Please help!

Rachel, and Illura and Lola the chocolate fiends!