From:
Robin Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:29:53 EDT
Dear Sean:
I have a ferret that I think that may have happened to.  I got Oreo and
his sister (litter mate) from a pet store who was holding them for people
who were moving and said they could not take them.  Well the first thing
we were told was Oreo had and inner ear problem and stumbled a lot.  It
took me 1hour to know that he had no hearing problems, but I think he has
brain damage.  The way you say your baby is walking is how Oreo walks.
My husband and I spoke w/our vet and she agreed that he most likely has
brain damage and maybe even damage to spinal cord.  We have had Oreo for
a couple of years and he is very loving and sweet.  He does not play like
the other ferrets, but he love to bounce around.  He sleeps more then
them, but I feel he is happy and I know his life is better that is was
with the other people.  We donot even know how old he is, he was full
grown when we got him.  I hope your baby is ok.

Robin and the gang of 9