From:
Georgette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1993 16:23:29 -0500
Has anyone else ever had any problems with tartar build-up/cavities with their
ferrets? I recently noticed that two of my boys have dark marks on their back
teeth. I don't know if it's just tartar or (I hope not) cavities - they won't
let me have a real good look. I did manage to scrape at the tooth of Nik and
he didn't seem to be in any pain, just a little ticked that I was messing with
his chompers. I have heard others talk of treats that they give their carpet
sharks and we don't give them much in the way of sweets and such, except a few
raisins a couple times a week.

I made an appointment with the vet to have them checked out - should I be
overly concerned and how could I possibly avoid this problem in the future??
Should I think about also adding Milkbones or the like to their treats or are
doggie treats like this a bit too hard for my boys??

Thanks in advance for any information you can pass on - Gushi, Nik & Buster!!
(oh and George too!)