From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 19:01:45 EST
"No, 'Licia!  Get out of my bed.  You can't sleep with me.  Get your own
cagemate.  I have one."

"Oh but pu-pu-pweaaaaase let me stay with you Woofy, you're just a petite
flower and there is so much room in here."

"No 'Licia!  Get!  ::putting my feet on her back and pushing her out of
my bed onto the floor with one great big thrust."

::Thud::

"But where will I go, what will I do?"

"Nnnnnnnnnt, alriiiiight, I'll try to find you a cagemate."

"Just as long it's not that Oracle.  I'm not puttin' up with her staff."

[Your television emits a bit of static, then tunes into an advertisement]
Look at this face.  ::the camera slowly zooms up on a pitiful Alicia::
For the price of your sanity, you can give this creature a home if only
but for three days while in St. Louis this spring.  Can't you help?  If
you house this beautiful shelter mom, I can promise you that you will be
gratified by knowing that you saved this creature from sitting at home in
the icy cold New Hampshire streets, forced to bed down with her ferrets.
If you help, you will receive an update on your Alicia that you helped
each day in St.  Louis.  Can't you spare just a little bit of sanity?
Save her from the devastation of bedding down with The Oracle and having
to pick out hair balls from between her toes.

Seriously, I have been helped by a very generous person so that I can go
to the symposium this year.  Someone just as generous has enabled Alicia
to go just when she thought she couldn't.  She is still left with some
details such as getting a room.  Airfare isn't the only obstacle to
overcome.  If you are going and would like to share a room please contact
Judy of the elvish kind at [log in to unmask]  I promise you that if
Alicia just too much fun to handle, I'll get the Oracle to bop her on
the head with her staff.  If you would like to donate any money to help
allow Alicia to come (anonymously or otherwise), you may contact Judy to
arrange for that as well.  I've seen that even a couple dollars can start
the ball rolling and really help people.  Maybe we can put our heads
together and figure something out.

Wolfy
ps Who hopes to not have that recurrent dream she had before Atlanta.
The one where she steps off the elevator to have BIG come up to me to
talk ... naked.  http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com

[Moderator's note: So did the initials make sense?  BIG]