From:
Gordon Bengtson CI/ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 07:10:07 -0400
Someone wrote in stating a fear of flying.  This being off topic I can
only state that flight is the safest form of transportation on earth.  We
loose 50,000 people each year on the road but most years we loose 0 in
commercial aviation where there are more air miles flown than car miles
ridden on a per-person movement.

I have lobbied with Greg Feith (director of National Air Disasters, NTSB)
against the media hype on air incidents, my letter was read in Congress
to Congress in open session.  The Media is our problem, not flight.  The
only fear legit of aviation transportation is that of live animal
transport where the airliners do not like to transport them and are ill
equipped to do so.  Except for seeing eye dogs, live animals take a
horrid chance in the handling both on the ground and in air, not for the
handling of the aircraft but for the way an animal itself is handled.

Gordon and Byte-me
Commercial Instrument/Airplane Single & Multi-Engine Land