Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 23:45:22 EST
A Day Of Surprises

I drove through a blizzard of snow and sleet to an unfamiliar area for a
seminar yesterday.  During the drive on the expressway-going all of four
miles an hour-my wind shield wiper flew off the glass and hung out over
the side of the car.

I left the seminar early to search for a gas station for repairs to no
avail.  I was told that I had to go to the dealership.  The stress of
driving with no wipers in a blizzard, and constantly pulling over, getting
the wipers to work, then having them flip off track again, was really
draining.

By the time I arrived home, I had a headache, and felt emotionally
depleted.  I took off my glasses, opened the big cage door, and fell on the
lambskin rug.  The monkeys leaped all over, or snuggled, or came up to lick
my face.  I grabbed each one as I felt the little body, and with my eyes
closed, dispensed kisses on their tiny faces.

Before I realized who I had, I had the little girl biter, who was still
supposed to be in a separate cage.  And there I was--- my lips on the side
of the head of a fur viper.  At the same moment terror registered -- she
was gently licking my lips.  Took me totally by surprise.  Of course---I
was surprised again when I understood that I have no cage that can hold
the tiny skinny body of my little demon.

My last surprise of the day came when I heard the little cat scream.  I
jumped up and ran to her as she scurried past me.  She was followed closely
by 'the viper'--------who had a large patch of fur that hung down from
either side of her jaw.  Poor little cat with her life already traumatized.
I felt terrible.

Then I realized: That could have been my lips!  I could have become
lipless!!  Is that -like----lip-o-suction?  Can they sew those back on??

I am looking forward to a dull weekend. I'm an old lady now. A day of
surprises can last me all week.

 :-)
Lisette