From:
Morgan Willard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 11:01:25 -0400
This is just a thought I had and wanted to share.  I don't know if this is
even possible in most situations, but here goes: I was thinking of posting
on local boards and through vets' offices for any local ferret owners who
need or want a quality ferret food.  If there are enough local to me, I
would then check with Wal-Mart to see if they would be willing to order a
better quality food if they know there is a market for it.

I am currently ordering Totally Ferret for my kids directly from the company
because NOT ONE store in my state carries it.  The only drawback is that in
order to get a reasonable (actually quite good) price, it is necessary to
order 20 pounds.  As I have only two ferrets, I worry about storage.  My
other option was to drive 45 minutes to an hour to the closest pet store
that carried 8-1.  They were often out of it and I was paying $6.00 for a
small bag.  The TF, delivered to my door, cost less than this in the 20#
size.

It might also be worth the effort, instead of going through Wal-Mart,
finding 3 other ownees who want only 5 pounds or so and splitting the cost
and storage that way.

Just a thought or two.  If anyone has any luck or good results, please let
me know.

I also wanted to add that we have been using Frontline for about a month now
and after washing my dogs about 3 times, we've had great results.  We soaked
a cotton ball with it and rubbed the ferrets down with it.  They much
preferred this method and it has worked just as well.

Morgan