From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 11:24:50 -0400
Hi all--

Just wanted to share a funny story that happened the other day with my big,
beautiful, dumb-as-a-log silver mitt.

I had finally cleaned out all of the ferret stash from underneath the bureau
in my bedroom.  There must have been two dozen paper bowls, three heaping
handfuls of milkbones, and three sets of my husband's underwear in there.
You know, your typical ferret stash spot.

Included in the mess was a marabou feather boa that my daughter used to have
in her dress-up things.  Our silver mitt, Frisky loves to drag that off and
take a nap with it wrapped around him.  (He also likes to steal and wrap up
in any fabric or clothing that is shiny or dressy in any way--we believe
that Liberace has been reborn!) Since I knew that my daughter had long since
given up ownership of the boa to him, I left the boa on the floor in front
of the bureau so he could put it back where he wanted.

Frisky came in, and saw the boa.  He immediately grabbed the feather boa,
and ran around the back of the bureau and stashed it underneath (1).  Then
he came back out and started to leave the room.  As he ran past the bureau,
he noticed the boa out of the corner of his eye under the bureau.  He went
over to it, pulled it out, and ran around back and stashed it again (2).
Then he tried to leave the room again.  Again noticed the boa, pulled it out
and stashed it again (3).  Again tried to leave the room.  Again noticed the
boa, and tried to pull it out.  This time it got stuck between a low part of
the bottom of the bureau and the floor.  He played tug of war with the
bureau until I gave him a hand getting it loose.  He stashed it again (4).
AGAIN tried to leave the room TWO MORE TIMES, and each time noticed the boa
and stashed it TWO more times (5,6).  By the sixth time he stashed this boa,
I was rolling on the bed laughing.  Finally, the sixth time, he stashed it
far enough back that he couldn't see it under the bureau as he left the room

It was at that point that I realized that he just can't count to one!  It's
a good thing that he is beautiful and loveable...he sure wouldn't make it on
his brains!

Melody Tomaszewicz

Melodyt and the four fuzzbutts
Furry--The Sebastian Cabot of ferrets.  "I'm SO dignified."
Sweetie--The FLO agent.  "How on Earth did you get up there?"
Friskie--Liberace reincarnated.  "Where's that feather boa?  It's naptime."
Angel--aka Velociweasel, aka Pazuzu---Now in foster care. (Sob)