From:
"G. A. Christian Bilou" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:19:01 -0600
Sue Howard wrote that she was worried that her ferret, Dante, might have
ingested rose petals, which she said "...I know are very bad...".  Now,
having cooked with rose petals for years, and having used them as garnish
in the diets of various herbivorous reptiles, my only experience is that
rose petals, free of pesticide, are perfectly safe to ingest.....has
anyone any data that this is not true with ferrets?  I have done some
quick research amongst my veterinary texts as well as online, and can
find no reference either way.

G. A. Christian Bilou