From:
Juliana Paulauskas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 1996 17:58:58 -0500
When people find out I have ferrets, they ask me all kinds of questions
including this one: "Where do you keep your ferrets?  In a cage?" Their eyes
practically come rolling out of their heads and their chins hit the floor
when I tell them that they have their own room.  The room doubles as a
ferret/computer room.

Inside the room is:
- computer desk (no drawers to get into)
- two LOCKING cabinets to hold college and computer stuff (replaced the old
  bookshelves)
- two cages (1 small and 1 condo)
- sleeping bags, hammocks, baskets with blankets
- thousands of toys
- 20 ft plastic dryer tube
- cardboard boxes
- paper bag
- 5 litter boxes (3 in the cages and 2 larger ones outside the cage)
- a beanbag chair (used to be Sobriety's favorite chair to sleep on, bless
  his soul)
- a self watering bowl and huge HEAVY food bowl

We also have a carpet in the room (which was subjected to occasional
accidents when Sobriety lost control of his bodily functions toward the end
of his life).  They love the carpet but I think the next house will have a
linolium floor instead.  Much easier to clean.

The room is totally ferret proofed.  They don't even bother with the few
wires I have because Bitter Apple solved that problem real well.  They are
not caged unless I know the house is being shown by the real estate lady or
if I am in the process of cleaning the room.  They can come and go from the
cage as they like.  I keep them company often since my computer is in the
same room and I usually have a lot of school work or I am on the IRC.  They
are let out about once per day to run the hallway and the diningroom
(supervised, of course).  They are not allowed in the living room because I
can never get them out of the couch (we are looking at buying a futon very
soon).

What can I say?  My babies are spoiled rotten :)

RE: STUFFING FERRETS:
When Sobriety passed on, the thought NEVER even occured to me to have him
stuffed!  I returned him to the earth from which he came.  Yes, he was my
favorite boy.  I will remember him by making a memory book of all of his
pictures and may even have a small portrait painted of him by a local
artist.  But stuff him????  Never!

Julie and The Fuzz Factory --Misty and Charity
In Loving Memory of Sobriety.