From:
Clare Sebok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 1995 21:49:12 -0500
The description of the ferret using a dog squeaky toy as a surfboard was
really cute!  Our ferret sometimes uses a toy as a sled.  The ``sled'' is a
football-shaped stuffed fabric toy about 5'' long.  The ``hill'' is the
ramp that connects the two levels of the ferret cage.  Buttercup will
grab the toy with her front paws, hold it underneath her and slide all
the way down the ramp.  I remember seeing otters at the zoo sliding down
a sliding board into the water.  Maybe our ferrets' surfing and sledding
behavior is related to this.

Clare Sebok