From:
Jean McKim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 11:06:17 EST
>I am curious to know what other creatures those with ferrets also have.

Ooh, now isn't this a can of worms!  We live with 2 ferrets, 3 dogs, 2
cats, a rat, a cockatoo, a conure, a cockatiel, lots of little birds (in
a ferret and cat proof flight cage), 2 large tortoises, 3 anoles, 1 house
gecko, 1 bearded dragon, 6 frogs, a newt, and a fish tank. [and a can of
of worms?  BIG]

Birds and ferrets are not out at the same time and the reptiles and
amphibians don't come out, except the tortoises and the beardie who are
well supervised (not to mention the tortoises are 30 and 40 pounds and
armored).  The rat comes out alone in a safe place.

The ferrets, dogs, and cats are my favorites, followed closely by the
birds.  All are rescues (or as I call them, preowned), as are most of the
other critters.  My kids help with the care and loving (I have five human
children).

BTW, I do not recommend having this many animals.  We are really chummy
with our vets and animal care is not something I scrimp on for money, so
my kids are in hand me downs and goodwill clothes, as am I.

Jean