From:
Brian Grossman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 1995 11:51:13 -0500
Well, I'm in CT for the weekend so I took Nixon to the vet.  Everything
checked out.  Heart good, weight good, etc.  No reaction to the Imrab 3 and
Canine distemper in about 2 weeks.  However, Nixon will be back in Mass, so
does anyone know a good vet for ferrets around the Falmouth, Cape Cod area?

VET QUESTIONS

Should I have him vaccinated for feline distemper?  The vet recommended
against the feline distemper, even though Nixon is in a house with three
cats.  Although, the cats are vaccinated against it, and they NEVER get
outside.

Also, the vet didn't want a stool sample or anything, which he does for our
dog, should he have asked for one or is this not a common thing for ferrets?

Lastly, can ferrets get heartworms or any other kinds of worms, and should
they get heartworm pills?

Thanks in advance.

Brian
Nixon (I thought he was nice until he poked me with a needle!!)
Ashley (PRESENTS!!!!!)
Quibby (Ashley, Wanna trade?)
Imus (Time for a swim)