From:
Kym Zorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 03:45:33 -0400
Hi all,

I must confess that my significant other and I "decorated" Bitty, our huge
albino male , for St. Patrick's Day.  (Okay, we colored his fur like the
Irish flag.) Before everyone reading this post has a collective coronary,
please understand that we painted him with non-toxic vegetable colors, and
washed out any excess before he could lick it off.  He was gorgeous,
fluffy, and brazenly green , white, and orange.  I believe he rather liked
it...

Should you be inclined to follow in our admittedly eccentric footsteps, I
highly recommend Wilton paste food coloring.  Very safe - used to tint
icing on baked goods - very concentrated, and comes in about seven million
and one colors.  Remember to dilute, brush on (avoid eyes!), rinse,and
marvel.  Fades after about a week - two to three on albinos.  Thanks to
Jeanne Carley for her latest clarification regarding state policies .  Yes,
Kentucky Fish and Wildlife has decided to accept the ferret as a domestic
animal, but Jefferson County (home to 2/3 of KY total population ),
requires a $75 per -ferret-per-annum fee.  You may thank our lovely head of
Animal Control, Eric Blow, for that.  The fee includes a "house inspection"
to ensure those ever-so-vicious prolific ferrets don't escape, develop
language skills, and take over the planet.  Seriously , though, they do
require a house inspection.  Anyone care to guess how many ferrets are
legally "licensed" in Jefferson County ?

Now to go a bit off-topic.  I've been diagnosed with a recurrence of breast
cancer.  (Last went through this five years ago.  I'm 28 now.)  I'm doing
low-dose chemo, and things look pretty good.  The ferrets are an absolute
life-saver !  It's completely impossible to be morose when there are furred
ones about.  My wonderful, chubby cinnamon Bullet is especially comical.
(Thanks again , Linda Iroff, for bring us together!).  I puked on him the
other day, playing with him after chemo.  We both ended up in the shower
after that one !  What a good sport ...he even kissed me afterwards.

Anyone have any stories of animals picking up on their human's illnesses?
Please do tell.

Much love from Kym and the Ever-So-Cherished Eleven
Stinky, Katie, Rikki, Zoe, Pooh, Mortimer, Mortimee, Sabrina, Bitty,
Bullet, and of course, Callie.