Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:37:47 +0000
We at Georgia F.E.R.R.E.T.S. wanted to say especially thanks to all the
surprising Thanksgiving wishes for our shelter and staff, volunteers
and all the Ferrets in our shelter. Plus we would like to add, you
can count on our shelter operating as long as we can, as it is an
"Unconditional" reason why we do what we do here in our Shelter.
Every year is a challenge for any shelter/rescue in any situation of
their shelter, and takes hard efforts, dedication, and providing
information and education on the efforts they do.

As Well We Thank BIG for the efforts as well in the Ferret Community
and processing the FML for the long duration he has done. We have not
posted as often, or as we would like, as many other areas of concerns,
efforts, and criteria take much bigger objectives that we post when
we can.

Many measures, challenges, and work go in daily in any shelter/rescue.
Especially when bigger needs across this world take at times funding
and placed in other "world devastations and wraths of Mother
Nature".

Even though this is not a "ferret" issue but so hearsay or non
understanding and the position of the President of our Shelter,
changes, and process to recover from a injury going back to 2003. We
wanted to post and announce since changes on our Organization will
reflect next year. Our President Darryl Smith who acquired a Nerve
damage impaction, and through all other possibilities and options
to return to work, and improve the limitations of the injury that
happened, has made a drastic change, and medical process that will take
a few more years to complete but will be challenging at that. Darryl
is now Valerie Smith. She is going through a process to continue to
improve the disability and return to work to continue being able to
operate the shelter here and not rely on low income disability and the
questionable of Social Security duration.

The Main Nerve impaction of the right side Ulna Nerve in Right arm has
placed a weight lifting limitation of 15 lbs. and surgery options were
very poor and extremely high risk of loss of use of whole right side
of body if surgery was done. So found taking Hormones or Hormone
replacement therapy of Estrogen and the changes in fat mass and muscle
mass and unchangeable body effects and parties involved for the
treatment the process has to go all the way due to this option and
already improvements in use of right arm and weight lifting of 24 lbs.
With the hopes of upon two more years of the HRT the nerve may unimpact
from the muscle and as well recover fully with no limitations in the
end results.

But we wanted to clear notice of the changes of our organization
structure as next year‰ license and such will reflect. And give the
"reasons" behind this dramatic change. As it was this option or our
efforts and to be able to continue operating our shelter would have
been closed due to the Disability per month would not allow us to
continue doing what we do here with a turn around of returning to a
full time job, with no limitations of working and obtaining the
additional funds to continue doing our rescue/shelter. There no other
reason or reasons behind our President changing Gender for that matter.
Other than she says she has join the Superior emotional side of the
Human Race. So we hope there is understanding, and well clear the air
for any rumors or miss informed information was provided from other
areas than our organization. All what our president is doing is for
return to work status and improvement of the disability and not rely
on disability or government for survival.

Happy Holidays and wishin all a safe and enjoying holiday season.

Georgia F.E.R.R.E.T.S.