Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 14:30:32 +1300
Maybe it's out of my realm of understanding... but I don't get it.  *Why*
are people scared of Skeeter?  I see Skeeter as someone who is helping
people who have recently (or not so recently) lost their loved ones, by
giving their grief some outlet.

Everyone 'knows' that Skeeter is a fictional character, but they derive
some peace of mind and soul by asking how their babies are going, and
hearing how thy're doing at the Rainbow Bridge.  What's so scary about
that?  Am I missing something?  Is something wrong with having an outlet
for peoples grief?  Would people rather see Skeeter disappear into the
woodwork than have his lively perkiness here in the FML?

Maybe I'm being naive here, heaven knows, I'm naive enough as it is, why
not for this situation as well?  But I feel that Skeeter is helping people,
and any person, or ferret, who is helping out in such a manner can only be
good.

Sure, Skeeter's different.  Does different mean it's bad or scary?  After
all, we have ferrets, and ferrets are a 'different' pet.  If Skeeter is
scary because he is different, then our own pets are scary for the same
reason.  People don't need to read Skeeters posts, at least they're plainly
marked out at the onset.  If Skeeter scares you, by all means, skip the
posts.  Remember that at least some people have been comforted by his being
here, and I feel that is the most important factor in having Skeeter here.

Sam
-------

For those ferrets and owners that need our help...
visit Ferrets In Need! at
http://www.ferretfans.net/