From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:12:33 EDT
Butch and Maggie are not feeling very well right now.  Maggie (4 y/o
diagnosed with EG and insulinoma) woke me up at 2:45 AM with the dry
heaves.  When I picked her up she was very limp and was grinding her
teeth.  I thought he blood sugar had dropped so I gave her some honey with
only annoyed her.  The grinding kept on so I put some ginger in a little
water and made her drink hat and she seemed to get better.  Then I
actually looked about the house and saw green watery diarrhea on the potty
papers and on the kitchen floor.  I fed Maggie then went to look for Butch
and he looked terrible.  He ate some Baby food but wanted to do nothing
but lay there.

We did introduce a newbie on Saturday but he was in isolation for 3 weeks
with another ferret mom and her 6 ferrets and there was no sign of any
problems.  During all this Mr. Newbie

(CB) is laying on the floor looking very upset.  I can only guess that CB
brought a little "gift" for us when he arrived.

The vet is booked solid today and tomorrow so they said to just drop
themoff and he'll look at them and call me when he=92s done.  Butch and
Maggie are eating their baby food and right now I'm treating this=20as
ECE.  What's the procedure for Mr. Newbie?  Should he be getting somet g?
Help!

Connie, Butch, Maggie, and CB