From:
Leigh Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 08:58:00 EST
I posted earlier that my vet had recommended Front Line for ear mites.
I'm still standing by this (of course I do recommend regular ear cleaning,
though not as extensive a plan as Ed L.  recommends!).

One thing I should probably mention is that you don't really have to take
your animal in to get checked out in order to get the stuff (although it
would be better).  You can go to a vet's office that carries the stuff
and just tell them what you want.  Let them know that you need the kitten
formula of Front Line.  This comes from the supplier in a package with
about 3 applications.  I think most vets will split them up and sell
individually.

Our vet recommended 0.2cc per ferret, applied to the skin on the back of
the neck, to treat ear mites and as an added bonus, no fleas.  So one
kitten treatment will be enough for at least 4 ferrets.  Allow the Front
Line to dry before allowing the ferrets to come into contact with each
other so they won't lick it off.

Leigh