From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 18:01:42 -0500
Ok, Ok I've been a bad boy and haven't done much email or visting while in
DC.  Sorry; its just that the collection I'm studying is SOOooo large and I
have such limited time that I've been spending almost all my time between
the support center and the mall.  I have visited some people though, who are
more than willing to ship me out of DC on a rail, most likely covered with
tar.  Rather than bother people by dropping in after midnight and leaving at
6 am, I just got a hotel room for the last week.  Unfortunately, the phone
was hard wired, which prevented me from getting online until I bought some
stuff at a hardware store and rewired the wall fixture, he he he.  So now
the room has both a hard-wired phone and a snap plug for my modem.  Piece of
cake.

I plan on taking Mon or Tues off to visit those poor people I've promised to
meet, yet haven't, and then its off to New York.  I expect to be there Weds
or Thurs.  I haven't yet seen the collection at the American Museum, so I
don't know how long or the type of hours I will be spending.

In the meantime, I want to thank Pat Ball for her wonderful gift, and even
though Tiny Tim had a very short life, he immediately stole my heart and I
will miss him.  I've never owned a ferret for such a short time before they
passed on, but still valued him as much as Gus or Buddy.  I will report more
about the little fella later.

I will start seeing people as soon as I can get my butt out of the museum.

Bob C on the road sans ferrets (Missing Gus, Buddy and Tiny Tim)