From:
Mary Frerich-Kulesa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 00:49:04 EDT
Muldoone, it has been a terrible 18 days since we took our Precious
Peanut to the vet because things just didn't seem right with her.  She
wasn't eating or drinking much, and when it was time for her playtimes,
she was just lay around and not play with her ferret brother Ruffie Roo
and sister Hooker.

I told the vet I thought she had either a partial blockage or a total
blockage and I thought an exploratory surgery was necessary.  Well, the
vet wanted to wait for her labs to come in and when they did he saw she
had a Liver Value (ALT) of 724.  He wouldn't do surgery as he felt it
was her liver and all she needed was time and medication.

I kept hounding him almost every day to do surgery, he wouldn't, then we
took her to another vet who wouldn't treat her because we were $25.00
short, they wouldn't accept a post dated check, so they sent her home
without any kind of treatment.

Then my poor baby developed ascites, again the vet refused to do
anything, finally I said OK, she need some kind of relief, and took her
back, at that time they withdrew 85cc's of fluid from her abdomen.

This past Friday night at 12:25 AM PT, my baby lost her fight with
whatever it was that was making her ill.  Sunday we had a necropsy done
and they discovered that it was indeed a partial blockage, surgery would
have saved her life, but instead she will be joining her brothers and
sisters at the bridge.

You will know her when she arrives as she is a beautiful DEW with the
darkest eyes you will ever see and dark rings on her tail, and she'll
be bringing presents from the human world.

Please make sure she finds her brothers Bear, Boozer, Clyde, StinkMan,
Tweeky and Wiley and her sisters Missy Bon, Dharma, Memers and Sage, as
well as her friends Teddy, Timon, Skylar, and Little Peanut.

I'm sure they will have a pawty to beat the band, and please help
yourself to any of the goodies my precious baby is bringing, except her
plush snuggle sack, she's kinda touchy about that.  She will have toys,
treats, blankets, socks, and a picture of her human mommy and daddy.

Please tell her I'm so sorry I couldn't make the doctors do what they
should have and I miss her terribly.  She had just turned 14 months old
3 days before she left on her journey to the bridge.  We had her less
than a year.

Fly high my sweet and precious little dream ferret.  I thank God he let
me have you for the time I did.  I will love you forever.