From:
Rebecca Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:14:55 EDT
>From:  "Selena S." <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: OT: I'm Going To Be Published

>I've never been on a plane before (I mean *never*:)  The furthest from
>home I've been is about 3 hours by car:)) and since I have panic/anxiety
>attacks, I'm concerned.  Have you ever flown anywhere?

I've flown many, many times since I was a kid.  In all that time, I've
only been on one flight that I would consider "really bad", and that
was over 20 years ago .  Weather tracking technology has progressed
significantly since then, making it far easier for pilots to avoid
things like turbulance.

If you're worried, you might consider taking a good book with you -- one
that you *know* you'll have no trouble falling into -- or something else
to distract you.  (I usually have my drawing materials on hand, but I
usually do anyway.)  And don't get spooked out by the pre-flight "this
is what to do in case of an emergency" presentation.  It's required on
all flights.  (I know, they shouldn't be priming people with emergency
scenarios, but I'd rather be prepared.  Still, you really are more likely
to have a traffic accident on the highway than be involved in a plane
crash, and most people don't think twice about getting into the car.)

I don't know where you're starting on your flight, but if you're in the
US, you'll probably be more stressed by airport security than by the
flight.  Wear as little metal as possible, shoes that can easily be
slipped off & on, and dump your pocket change into your carry-on.  It's
not a perfect system, but it'll help.

>I'm also going to be published!!!  Wings Epress is putting my first
>novel out and I'll be "out there" March of 2006.  It's a start and I'm
>excited:-)

Congratulations!  You're gonna tell us the title so that we can look for
it, right?  :)

~Becca -- "Ooh! New reading material Girl!"