Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 13:43:37 EDT
Hi,

I've only gotten a few downright rude responses, most have been pretty
good, but many are concerned about the fate of my deaf ferret.  I
apologize for not being more clear.

I have NO intention of returning my ferret, rehoming her, turning her
over to a shelter or otherwise forcing her to leave her (my) home and her
cagemates.  I love her just as much as the others that share my home.
She's just as unique as the rest of them (moreso in some ways due to the
deafness).  She's not the most unusual one I have or expect to have, but
she's friendly and funloving and mostly stays out of trouble (unlike one
of her cagemates, but that's another story).

The MF guarantee that comes with the kits says it is a guarantee against
genetic defects.  It's my understanding from other people with deaf MF
ferrets, that MF offers them a choice of money back (with or without
returning the ferret) or a new ferret.  I'm hoping to get my money back.
I don't need a new ferret and I'm not returning my deaf girl.  I do have 2
that need adrenal surgeries, so the money would be nice!

So, if you were concerned about KitKat's fate, please don't worry.  Worst
case scenario: MF says they must take the ferret back to refund my money
and I say "no".  That means the money won't help with the surgeries (but
they will still get their surgeries).

Kim