From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 1995 23:36:27 -0400
Melissa, Potpie, Noodle, and Mystery Guest, 'Sloan'
`
Potpie still isn't back to her own playful self.  Seeing as how she dislikes
the other ferrets so much, 1) could this 'moping' be due to their presence
in the house?  (steven woodcock?  ideas?) 2) how long can it take for the
'full' recovery after they seem to have physically gotten over ECE?  Im
worried - she's sinking her teeth into my roommates again.

Cute stories follow..

Terence being on vacation for the weekend, we have a houseguest - Sloan.
Dooooooh. DOH. DOOOOOH.
they are SO CUTE together.  Unbelievably.  The dryer hose (which works well
for one ferret) is essential for two.  However, Sloan is considerably
smarter than Noodle (who is actually well below average ferret intelligence -
big, dumb, and loveable, but Easily Entertained; i have witnessed him
happily pouncing on an empty film canister for literally hours on end) and
thusly, the two of them being roughly the same size, Sloan has a
considerable Battle Advantage.  I feel soooo bad for poor Noodle, but he
apparently loves the tussling - he just constantly loses.  For example, one
of them will dive into the dryer hose.  If it's Sloan, Noodle hovers around
the end Sloan's nose is poking out of and happily dashes into the tube when
Sloan retreats.  If it's Noodle in the tube, Sloan goes around to the end
Noodle's rump is sticking out of and bites that, chasing Noodle out of the
tube.  Noodle never seems to get this 'ambush' trick, and will wait for
Sloan to reappear, head in dryer hose, tail wagging *furiously* (until
Sloan bites it, that is).  It's like my own little Road Runner - Wile E
Coyote show...

Noodle has the most active tail i've ever seen. EEEEEEE, cute cute cute.
Cute. EEEE cute. eeee.

Yesterday we took them to the park and Noodle snorkeled around in a deep
clear puddle, digging in the mud, while Sloan tried to follow his bud
into the water but, since he cant stand getting his feet wet, never quite
made it in. He'd wade in an inch, tail sticking straight up to keep it
dry (teehee) and then dash out after a second or two. They also wrestled
in the dirt (pfeh! sand in mouth! spit! spit! bite! hey!), chased each
other through the grass, watched volleyball, dug in the grass, dug in a
rotting tree stump (mmmmmm, bugs), and chased me and matthew everywhere.
The grass was about 6" high, so they had to bound especially high to see
over it...hee. They are so HAPPY at this age. Noodle happily pooped in
the sand in front of a psyched two yr old (who giggled uncontrollably at
Sloan digging in the same sand) and her rather horrified mother, while
Matthew and myself attempted to look apologetic.

Cute stories out...

Melissa, Potpie (grump), Noodle (wagwag), Sloan (ambush)

    Melissa Litwicki                                    [log in to unmask]
    Radio Controlled Operation In Vivid Six Ways Of Movement With Reality!