Date:
Thu, 31 May 2012 11:09:01 -0400
Oh my yes, I have a suggestion! Especially if he is not to the point
of showing blood (it would be blackish and tarry for a bleeding ulcer).
Carafate. I canNOT stress enough how important Carafate is in
treatment. You give it about 10 minutes before feeding and it coats the
lining of the esophagus and stomack. It a clay type of material when
you get down to i (I think) and it sort of patches up any lesions/holes
on top of the coating it does. Its like filling pot holes and bandaging
open sores. That way while he eats and shortly after pain is diminished
quite a bit. Its harmless so you could give it often in between eating
if I remember correctly.

I'm sorry the Bactrim and Amoxy didn't work. That is the easiest on a
ferret. Flagyl can actually stress a ferret badly because they act like
it burns them or something, plus it has to be given for such a long
period. But in the end, that is the drug of choice.

I hope someone come forward with something that relieves pain better
than Carafate. I haven't heard of any advances there.

Why dont they have any sort of medicine for animals (for the pain) that
is like what humans take? So sad there is none that I know of.

Wolfy