From:
David M Weinreb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:02:27 -0500
It is with great sadness that I report the crossing of our beloved Saffron
over the Rainbow Bridge.  She follows Toby, who preceded her by about 5
weeks.  Both of these lovely friends went before their time.

I have/had 4 ferrets, of which 3 acquired cancer since Thanksgiving.  Toby
was 8 and his tumor grew within several weeks, he only survived the surgery
for two days before he succumb to internal bleeding.  Saffron was 4 and
operated on in January for a liver tumor.  She reportedly had other small
ones on her liver which couldn't be removed.  She was active and looked
healthy until she grew another one only two weeks ago.  Her belly never
really regrew hair so we could see the size of the lump.  She was in great
distress Friday, having trouble breathing, eating, and moving for several
days.  She was also getting cyanotic.  We decided to help her on her
journey.  My third ill fert, Taffy, had both her adrenal glands removed and
is on daily meds.  She is regrowing hair on her tail and backside and seems
to be recovering well.  She is active again.  The fourth, Jasmine, has not
been inflicted with all of this and is looking for her playmates.  This has
been a difficult time for us.

Thank you for listening,
Dave