From:
Joyce Meadows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 18:29:48 -0600
Took Emma to the vet Tuesday - he said he couldn't feel any scent glands,
but that sometimes extra ducts open up.  He also shaved her abdomen to look
for a spayiong scar, but was unsure whether or not he found one because
they're spayed young (and thus usually heal well).  He told me he could find
out for certain whether or not she'd been descented by making a small slit -
an ininvasive procedure - but to find out for sure whether she'd been
spayed, he'd have to do invasive surgery.  Of course, if she goes inito heat
we'll know for sure, but i'd rather not have that happen.

Comments, PLEASE - should I go ahead and tell him to cut her open to check
if she's been spayed?  or should I wait?  how much more dangerous is it top
spay a ferret while she'd in heat (as opposed to before she goes into heat)?
The pet store said she'd been spayed and descented, but they didn't know her
age or ANYTHING else, and she _has_ sprayed about three times...eeek!  what
do i do???

As far as 'college pets' go - i'm in college, so I guess that wuld make Seth
and Emma college pets.  They're very portable, which is one of the MANY
things i really like about them - it's hard to travel with fish.  And they
_are_ pretty quiet, except during their little I'm-Alpha fights :)

And since I live in a dorm, Seth and Emma 'officially' live at my friend
Kate's apartment...  ;>

  - joyce (will you two get along?  ACK - that disk had my term paper on
    it!  SETH NO BAKA!  EMMA NO BAKA!*)
  - Seth, Hider of Pens, Destroyer of Disks (i told you i didn't want
    this thing here)
  - Emma  (why won't Seth let _me_ have a title?)

*Seth/Emma no baka - Japanese: 'no' is sort of like =
therefore: "Seth/Emma = fool"; "Seth/Emma is a fool"
 i've been into far too much anime/manga lately!