Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:05:21 -0400
>As mentioned in the previous FMLs, the thread about Doug McKay's farm
>has ended for now. Factual and non-judgemental status reports, such
>as the results of any inspections or legal proceedings can be posted.

Good. I wanted to ask though, what about if someone who is not
physically involved with the potential rescue sees a newspaper clipping
about it such as Renee Downs did? Will those continue to be allowed?
Will posts with questions on how to help the rescue be allowed? Will
posts requesting help from those actively involved be allowed? Most of
all, will people be allowed to report how something is getting along in
the endeavor to rectify the situation (updates?) I just wanted to be a
bit more clear on the lines drawn.

I really do hope much of what I asked about will be allowed. It's
wonderful that a seperate board was made for those who wish to pursue
this subject in depth as well as to voice strong opinions. I look
forward to wasteful and hateful posts being rejected. And I also look
foward to more information about the topic. I hope restrictions are not
too strict because it's also important to keep this public (from what
I can see, years of not making it public has failed, and many ferret
people have been taken advantage of in the process at the same time
from the lack of public awareness). For those who are impartial to
either side, I am sure that they might be standing by mulling it over
and waiting for more info so they feel more comfortable with either
decision that they make (to become active or not). Newbies and people
who are too busy to read each FML won't know that this is going
continuing on another board, and may not have time to go to it to
investigate if not enough updates are allowed here.

[Moderator's note: Unfortunately, the world of mailing lists is not
filled with absolutes. It would be easy to make arbitrary rules, but
that wouldn't serve anyone -- sometimes best judgement needs to come
into the picture! Basically, things which are plainly factual and not
an attempt to start an argument are fine.  That determinaton is mine,
but not without a lot of consultation first.  BIG]