From:
SHAWN & JENNIFER I'm not tellin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 07:28:27 UT
Hi, my name is Jennifer and I have a ferret that bites faces...not fingers
and toes...but faces.  It makes an effort to get at your face, if your not
careful you will get a peirced lip or chin.  She has bitten my 4 year old
daughter once on the nose and once on the ear and it has bitten 4 friends of
mine.  She draws blood, and once she bites, she holds on!  I think I have a
pit ferret!  (And before anyone bashes me for saying that about pits....i
own one of them too, but the ferret is mean and the dog isn't!  <g>)
Anyway...since she has bitten my daughter twice...my Husband wants me to
"get rid of her".  I dont' know her age, I got her at the pet store and her
price was $75 but I said can I put her on lay-a-way and he said if I could
come up with $30, I could have her.  So I came up with $30!  She is big and
beautiful!  I *think* she is a siamese.  She has the V shaped mask and is
silver and black...no brown on her.  She is playful and I have no problems
with her other than the face biting which is very dangerous if some one
falls asleep and she is out.  She actually will lunge at you.  When she is
on the floor, she is fine.  She does the war dance and takes one "kernel" of
dog food at a time and hides it.  I hate to get rid of her but I'm scared
she will seriously hurt one of the kids.  I warn people when they pick her
up, "Don't let her get near your face".  But they don't listen and say
"na..she won't bite me"....oh yes she will and she did!!  What should I do?
I have only had her for a short time..about 1 or 2 months.  I have yelled at
her and put her back in her cage when she does it..but it doesn't seem to be
working.

If anyone has any suggestions or if there is some one who will give her a
good home..(preferrably with no kids) can email me at "[log in to unmask]".

                                        Thanks,
                                                Jennifer & Tiki