From:
Dawn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 04:29:39 -0700
Good Morning All,

My prayers and thoughts to all sick and homeless fuzzbutts, and to those
whom have recently lost a beloved animal or fuzzbutt.

On the first subject couch / carpet digging.  My babies use to do that and
it would drive me crazy I solved the problem with the same training I used
to teach them not to bite when they were babies.  It takes allot of time
and patience but it worked for me and all of my Terrible Two's Gang.  I
do have digging boxes for them and I did have them when they were digging
in the carpet and couch so you see these things don't always work for
everyone.  What I did was every time they would start digging I would pick
them up, scruff them, and look into there eye's and tell them NO!!!!  It
took them approximatley 2 weeks to understand that the couch and carpeting
was off limits, and guess what?  They don't even climb up on the couch
anymore.  Another thing I did was remove the legs of the couch and it sits
flat on the floor, thus they can't get under to do damage .  So there are
ways of teaching them not to dig where they are not suppose to.  I also
put pieces of plywood under the doors to the rooms they are not allowed
in.  Th at stopped them from trying to dig their way into the room.  Also
I fill the bathtub with plastic easter eggs and I have a ramp I made so
they can climb into the bath tub and dig their way to China, they just
LOVE those easter eggs!!!!  Fuzzie's are very trainable and if you have
the time and patience they can be trained on what they can do and what
they can't do.  So good luck in doing so .

Dawn and the Terrible Two's Gang, Trouble, Rosy, and Fat Boy Joey :-)