From:
outlawdook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 11:24:29 -0700
I've been reading the thread of the woman with a screaming scruffed
fuzzbutt, at a recent ferret show.  I had to comment here at this point
(sorry Zen), there is a big difference between a screaming and whinny
ferret.  I'm sure most agree that if a ferret is screaming and it's a
shrill sound, that ferret is terrified of or from something.  A whinny
ferret wanting down is not going to attract as much attention.  Granted,
I wasn't there, so I'm going in blinded on this thread.  Had I been there
(and going by these posts), I would have taken the ferret from the person,
handed the ferret to someone to console and then jumped on the table next
to the person and grabbed the person by the hair at the nap of the neck,
just to hear the person scream as long as the ferret did.  I once witnessed
a fuzzbutt about to get a bath, never in my life had I heard the horrible
screams that came from that ferret.  It was terrified of running water.
Wet fert and all was immediately brought to owners chest to console it.  I
turned off the water and owner kept holding and reassuring fuzzbutt all was
ok.  Then fert was introduced slowly to water, all the while being talked
to.  No running water to be heard and fuzzbutt was fine.  I have a problem
with even a whinny fuzzbutt.  I would never just let a fuzzie whine, no
matter what the reason.  The 2, are not the sounds from a happy fuzzie.  I
too wish the person with the screaming fert would come forward and explain
why she thought mimicking a screaming fert would solve anything.

OutlawDook
With a fert Fossil sitting on a fine China Saucer
(BIG wouldn't let my post thru, so the fossil won't be understood)

[Moderator's note: Could be, though I don't remember the post.  If you
didn't explicitly receive a "Thanks but sorry" note from me, I probably
did not receive it.  If I reject posts I always write to say so, other
than the obvious spam etc.   BIG]