From:
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:23:10 -0400
Hello my dear friends, it's been a horrible week at the shelter but we do
have some happy endings as well!

On Thursday evening, the shelter was brought eight little ferrets that
were found in a park.  Three of the eight ferrets were dead.  i won't get
into the details but you can read them on our site at www.ferretaid.org
photos are up and can be viewed in the cruelty section of our site under
"special ferrets" please note the photos are VERY GRAPHIC and should NOT
be viewed by the faint of heart.

The other surviving kids are holding their own but many of them are
showing extreme fear behavior.  The shy girl, Beta tries to drag her
sisters away from any human that comes near.  Please keep them in your
thoughts.

mommie asks me to thank Laura for her $25 donation and Jeff for his $50
donation to help in getting these kids looked after.  she also asked me
to thank Karen "Scruff You Gang" for her offer of a statue, Julie "21st
century ferret" for her offer of bracelets and Kim "Rogue's Ferret Den"
for her offer of a ferret afghan.  With you help, these ferrets will
know love - FINALLY.

Also this week, Trouble, a female Pit Bull found a half frozen ferret
during her nightly pee session.  She warmed him and stayed by his side
all night long.  The ferret's owner was soon found and Romeo was reunited
with his Juliet and his mommie, a young deaf girl.  Since the girl lives
very close to Trouble, she has been visiting the Pit Bull with her
ferrets almost on a nightly basis for some play time!

Some great news - our "Gruesome twosome" our "Itchie and Scratchie" our
little Lila and Stitchie have found forever homes!  The two girls went
to their new homes on Friday and have two kids to play with and a huge
doggie to chase around.  They are happy and out of the shelter!

please know i'm sending ferret kisses to each one of you and your loved
two and four legged friends.

all my love, Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
www.ferretaid.org <http://www.ferretaid.org/>