Date:
Sun, 31 May 2009 21:10:25 EDT
Most of you know the troubles we have here in California owning
ferrets. And some of you are aware of the problems we have with
rescue. We rarely ask for help, but every so often help is needed.

California has Agricultural Stations on 16 of the main arteries coming
in to the state. It is here where people are stopped and if you have
illegal contraband such as ferrets (eyeroll) they are confiscated. The
stations then call myself or Gary to coordinate the many wonderful
volunteers that pick up the ferrets and rehome them.

Southern California Stations are very busy. There are never enough
volunteers. And the ones we have are stretched to the max.

Right now my problem is one of my busiest volunteers has more ferrets
than she can handle. She has 4 that she needs to find hones for. She
lived in a remote area of Arizona (Oatman) and there is no one close
around her that can take up some of the slack. She is picking up
another ferret for me tomorrow. My fear is making that call and she
has no more room, and can't do the pick up. Is there anyone out there
anywhere close to Laughlin, or Bull Head City, in Arizona?

Also anyone that lives close to the Arizona/Nevada/Calidornia borders
that would be interested in volunteering? Please email me if you can
help.

Thank you,
Robin Jones