From:
Ingrid Rhinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:35:29 -0600
Linda,

Maryland Ferret PAWS was the only organization supporting the bill that
was represented at the Judicial Committee meeting in 2003.  We also
testified at this hearing and answered questions from the delegates.
We actively collected signatures and carried over 300 into the meeting,
from not only the web petition, but also from signatures collected at
vets offices and from individuals carrying around petition forms and
collecting signatures.  Petsmart doesn't allow lobbying efforts in their
stores.  We already have over 300 MD signatures this year and we use the
web petition to allow people to sign who won't be able to sign a paper
petition.  Every signature helps - I'm not sure why you think those other
signatures won't help us?  This is very important legislation that had
input from many vets and ferret owners to come up with the clearest and
most enforceable language.

Ingrid Rhinehart
Secretary
MD Ferret PAWS, Inc.