Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 23:24:28 EDT
(BIG - this is a snipped fwd w/permission...Shari Gunter)

{FYI.  John Boy and Billy are a national US radio a.m. show.  They dissed
ferrets as viscous Monday a.m..  Please call and voice your disagreement.
Shari Gunter)

Robin wrote:
Ok I know most of you are wondering what the Big show has to do with
ferrets.

While I was taking John to work on Monday morning, John and I were listing
to the big show.  Johnboy and Bill were talking about it being kids week
on who wants to be a millionaire and johnboy said yea you know what will
happen if the poor kid gets the answer wrong, they will bring out the
vicious killer ferrets and the they used the sound effect from the budwiser
commercial with the ferrets.

I got so made about this that I called the station and told them that they
had no right to refer to ferret or any other animal as vicious, and that it
was because of people like them that ferrets and other animals get classed
as a bad pet.

We all need to take a stand and let them know how We feel about this
matter.  There phone number is 252-355-9597.  You should also ask them for
a retraction and offer to send them info on ferrets so they can get it
right the next time.  I also let them know that ferret are the number three
chose for pets in the United states.