From:
Roberta McCanse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 2009 09:52:47 -0600
Many thanks to those who responded to my post about Ricky, our ferret
with a squamous cell tumor on his jaw. I have forwarded everything to
the foster dad.

Our vet will not do the surgery as he fears that the cells will spread
more rapidly but he has reviewed the literature and found that, in cats
and dogs, there has been a successful response to cryo surgery. He
sometimes uses cryo on a right adrenal tumor. We do have a couple of
other veterinary options including taking Ricky to Kansas State Univ.
vet school. They have helped us in the past with such things as
esophageal atresia (alas, to no avail in that case). We will keep you
all informed as we progress.

Bobbi McC, KC Ferret Hotline and Shelter