From:
Trish Gelvin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 12:17:47 -0700
I just realized that I am somewhat new to the FML.  Having been on the
Ferret Forum (on and off) for quite a while, I just somehow assumed that,
well, I was a regular of sorts.

So I thought maybe a brief intro might be in order:

I currently am the servent of five ferrets, 4 horses (er, 2 are mine, 2 are
friends - long story) and the cat that came with our last apartment.  Joker
(the cat) regularly scolds me for this or that.

Mijiling was my first ferret, closely followed by Inanna, back in late '91,
early 92.  They eventually became best buds.  In '97 they both passed away,
within four weeks of each other.  Sometimes it seems like it was only 7 to
9 months ago.  I still miss them.

Now the fur-crew consists of
Ed (2.5) butterscotch boy, who had a shocking reaction to the distemper
vaccine;

Ralph, (2.2) the shy & big boy who had a 24 hour adventure outside the
house when he was only about 5 months old;

Lou, (2) the albino indiana-jones ferret - no leap too large!;

Trixie (1.8) the little mink of a terror (after reading old Bob Church
posts, I now *know* I was right in that nickname for her!)  But she luvs
her momsi-womsi!;

Alice (1.8) um, not sure about her, she seems somewhat, well, slow.  But
loving.  And very hard of hearing.

The horses don't see the furits much.  Last time I think my mare tried to
see if they had any carrots hidden on them.  the fuzzies were NOT amused.

Trixie terrorizes Joker whenever she gets the chance, and that just about
undoes the poor cat.

I live in AZ, use DE to combat flies around the horses and insects in the
house.  When a baby lizard gets in, I scoop him up and set him outside
where he is much safer from the ferrets.  I've also raised a pigeon (but
did not tame it) and was very thrilled when it finally found its wings and
flew away.  Now pigeons hover like vultures around horse-feeding time,
eating right out of the horse's buckets.  *sigh*

Trish & Crew
One short of a six-pack.