From:
Chuck Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 12:00:01 -0500
Greetings all:

For those yet unknowing, we have had ferret math strike in our household.
Last Friday, we adopted a shelter fuzzie (yea!).

He's a good-sized (2+ lbs) 12-week old boy, MF, former pet store purchase,
whose previous owner gave him up upon realizing that he was not doing well
without companionship (no other ferts and the hooman worked a lot).  Matter
of fact, the owner was concerned enough to call the shelter the day before I
picked him up to ensure he was going to be adopted soon.  Whoever you are,
sir, rest assured your Sam (we've renamed him to Ty, tho) is doing well.

He's a very gentle, well behaved boy - tho he will bite if your fingers get
in the way.  Plus: a 90% hit rate on the box!  (Wish Drew would do that.)
Minus: He's shown Drew how to get behind the TV...

The Frisky Ferret Shelter (and Lorraine, the nice lady behind it) can be
reached at its number posted on the Mass Ferret Friends WWW page
(www.maferrets.org).  Here it is, subject to editor's discretion: Frisky
Ferret Shelter, (508) 664-5006, North Reading MA.

Wood Pellets: Began using last week; Home Depot, 50#, $3.50 - can't beat
that... they work like a dream, with 1x a day cleanup, tho I am still
curious: Why are they shiny on the curved surfaces?  Is this a byproduct of
the forming process or are there chemical byproducts to be concerned about?
There doesn't seem to be anything listed on the bag...

    Chuck, Amy, and Alex Staples
        with Drew, Ty (hopeless mustelids) *Hey, get outta there!*
        and Cam, Janney (useless felines) *Sleeping til bedtime*
    http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/CJSTAPLES/
        (maybe someday not just another lame web page!)