From:
Himberger Gerri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 17:03:15 -0800
Okay, so every one of my little ones is rotating through the Upper
Respitory thing.  It has been quite unpleasant here- for them, having it,
and me watching them have it.  Medications, vaporizors and Saline drops
abound, much to the ferrets horror, but more on that in a moment.

So, it occurs to me that these animals have it made (aside from the
snotty, drippy nose part), They don't pay rent, they have an amazing
food budget- all they have to do is suggest they would try a new treat
and they have it within minutes (okay, days), As far as toys go, they
are better outfitted than Paris Hilton- they simply have to express
mild interest in something, and they have it in three shades and sizes
immediately (they then decide they really were only kidding about
wanting it), They have 100% Major Medical coverage with no copay, their
medication coverage is out of this world, and they have more friends, and
go more places than I do.  Not only that, but they don't have to work-
they can stay home and invent new ways to cause me to scream when I get
home.  Given all of this what I have to tell you next hurts me deeply.

Okay, I have medications lined up neatly according to who needs what,
in what order, and who needs a time delay before feeding, and so on.
Everyone takes their meds like the wonderful little troopers that they
are- then they flip me off, and off they go to wreak havok upon the house
while I am too busy to hunt them down and stuff them.  Last in line is
Sweet, Sweet Jasmine- my tiniest child.  White Silver, and quite deaf.
She begins to struggle violently when she realizes we are not having a
Linatone moment.  Drama, Drama- I've tasted the medicine- not great, but
a little like candy (okay, death candy), but, in any event- no choice,
she's taking it- so I scruffed her, explained that I am roughly 120 lbs
heavier than she is, and I win.  I made the mistake of laughing.  She may
be able to read lips.  So, meds taken, filthy looks accepted, off she
goes.  End of story, you think... NOOOOO....Next frame: here's Jasmine
(sweet, sweet Jasmine:-) wandering here, wandering there, wandering over
to my unsuspecting ankle...Yep-....chomp- Jasmine wins.  Sigh.

As soon as they are well, they are all getting jobs.

Gerri and her very sore ankle.