From:
Emily Mirek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 18:20:12 EST
One of my 2 female ferrets (Bandit and Rascal), has been behaving rather
strangely.  Lately Bandit has been grooming/licking everyone!  Everytime I
pick her up she goes right for my nose (nowhere else, just the nose) and
won't stop until I put her down.  She does this to my parents and siblings
too.  I wouldn't complain, but her sister, Rascal, does not like it.
Whenever Bandit starts licking, Rascal either gets up and runs away, or
starts biting.  They've gotten into several fights because of this, Rascal
even drew blood a couple times.  Is there any wayto deter this?  Bandit has
been diagnosed with Adrenal Disease, Mast cell tumors, and something the
vet can't identify, could any of these play a part in this?  Rascal has
also been behaving strangely.  Yesterday I was taking a nap in my bed, and
was woken up by a ferret crawling on my face.  I have the top bunk of a
bunk bed (no bottom bunk), so I have no idea how she got up there!  She did
it today too.  I'm really worried, if she falls she could really hurt
herself.  Any helpful insight is appreciated!  Thanks!

                                -Emily