From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 23:58:43 -0500
After feeding my ferrets raspberry Yogi treats (I've since learned they
have too much sugar) they had red colored poops.  I had a quick moment of
panic until I realized why.  I've now learned to use this to my advantage.
I know that they have too much sugar for a regular treat, but I've kept
the rest.  Whenever I'm not sure if I'm getting healthy poops from all of
my ferrets (sometimes I see a suspiciously thin poop or just not enough
poop for three fuzzies who've been in a cage all day) I then try to keep
an eye on all three until they go so I know they're ok.  But since it's
hard to always catch them in the act or know who did what poop (geez, I
hope everyone isn't laughing at me at this point!) I'll give one of them a
raspberry Yogi, when I see that red poop I know that they're ok.

Risa
the just slightly poop-obsessed over-worried ferret mommy.

Mikette "Mom, you told them about our poops?! How embaressing!"
Jillie "That's ok Mommy! You can give me a Yogi and see my poop!"
Baby "But I liked the yellow Yogi's!"